Within Renziehausen Park in McKeesport, Pennsylvania
there is a garden operated by The Garden Club of
McKeesport. For the past 88 years, thanks to the Club
Members, volunteers and other neighbors it has flourished
into a beautiful sanctuary of peace and grace.
The Garden Club of McKeesport was founded in 1933 and
federated in 1936. The Arboretum was established in 1938
and the Garden Center in 1983.
The Club is a Member of
National Garden Club, Inc
District VII Garden Club Federation of Pennsylvania
Confederation of McKeesport District Women’s Clubs
Club Focus and Projects
The main focus of the Club is to maintain a public garden
which includes over 1800 roses, perennials, a water pond,
herb garden and a butterfly garden.
The yearly projects begin in April with pruning of the roses
and continued throughout the garden until mid-November.
The Club also maintains a 2 story garden center clubhouse
where we conduct our meetings, workshops, and luncheons.
We also operate a Gift Shop where we have crafted
arrangements and wreaths for sale.
The Gift Shop is open on our Work Day Wednesdays from
April through the second week of December from 9 am to 1 pm.